Perlethorpe, in the Bassetlaw Wapentake of Nottinghamshire, was originally a simplex name from the Old Norse element þorp ‘outlying farm, settlement’.The first element derives from the family name Peverel and was added at a later date possibly because the estate became associated with this family. Perlethorpe is a joint parish with Budby.
This object is related to
Find out about Perlethorpe, Nottinghamshire.
J.E.B. Gover, Allen Mawer and F.M. Stenton, The Place-Names of Nottinghamshire. English Place-Name Society Volume XVII (1940), pp. 91-92.